Sunday, February 9, 2020

Fullstack Developer Wanted??

I don't get these job postings.

There was apparently an infamous post written on Medium by a big named guy declaring Fullstack is dead. 

After working on Telescope, I think so too. The field is so broad now with ever increasing amounts of technology a developer is supposed to know. A typical fullstack developer posting on sites goes as follows

We're looking for a fullstack developer with the following experience:
  • Node.js + Express/Java/Golang/Python/.Net
  • Javascript, CSS, HTML5
  • Angular/React + Redux/Vue
  • Docker
  • No SQL: MongoDB/ Cassandra/ DynamoDB
  • SQL: Oracle/ MySql
  • AWS (may or may not include serverless functions)
  • GIT
Bonus if you have experience with the following:
  • Redis/Memcached
  • User Experience design
  • GraphQL
  • CI/CD: Travis, Circle
  • Kubernetes
  • JWT/Auth0
WTF? One of the students in the class has spent pretty much a semester if not two, just learning and trying to implement SSO for Telescope. I mean I understand this is a wishlist, but this is insane. You might as well hire my Open Source Prof, @humphd at this rate. Thanks.  

3 comments:

  1. I have entre a large portion of the articles re your site now, and I essentially following your style of running a blog. I reward it to my top picks weblog page list and may be checking sponsorship soon. If it's not too much trouble, try out my site as capably and take me understand your thought process. Download Microsoft Essential For Windows 7 32 Bit

    ReplyDelete
  2. iCare Data Recovery Pro Crack is a powerful data recovery solution in all situations. You can recover Video, audio, documents pictures. Icare Data Recovery Key

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anniversary wishes for parents on your parent’ day, provides a lovely gift, and if it’s their fortieth, bring back all those previous reminiscences of your parents’ love and care through words.. Parents Anniversary Quotes

    ReplyDelete

Contains Duplicate (Leetcode)

I wrote a post  roughly 2/3 years ago regarding data structures and algorithms. I thought I'd follow up with some questions I'd come...