Saturday, December 14, 2019

SPO600 Project Post 5

After reviewing other's people work on their projects. I've realized I forgot to test on the other systems Bbetty and Xerxes. I first attempted to install Redis onto Xerxes, our x86_64 system... No go, apparently everyone loves testing on the machine so much there's no more storage space left to install my project.

So that left Bbetty, wow. This machine is much faster than Aarchie, its sibling Aarch64. The same benchmarks I was running on Aarchie were completed in half the time:





Average run time was about: 25.67 seconds

As my optimizations didn't work on Aarchie, I was pretty sure they weren't going to work on Bbetty either, but for the sake of curiosity I decided to test them and here are the results:





Average run time was about: 25.64 seconds, 0.02 faster, but again like Aarchie, this was a small sample out of many I did and they weren't always reliably faster.

I doubled the amount of SET operations to 2 million to see if there were any efficiencies gained, because perhaps there might be some if there was more requests processed? I got average run times of about 51.435 seconds. A big giveaway whether optimizations gained from my code changes would be to check the throughput of the requests per second completed. They remained relatively the same if not a bit lower sometimes than the non modified code. So I'm pretty sure I can conclude my changes have failed to produce any optimizations. 

For anyone extremely curious about the call graph for the benchmark of the 1 million SET operations (I apologize for the poor picture quality):

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contains Duplicate (Leetcode)

I wrote a post  roughly 2/3 years ago regarding data structures and algorithms. I thought I'd follow up with some questions I'd come...