Friday, September 13, 2019

Whiteboard App

Lab2

Of the OSD600 class, we were tasked with writing a online notepad app with Javascript. The end result is the following.

It was a nice refresher to start off the school term. It was also pretty embarrassing as I wasn't able to get output on my screen even though I thought I had the code right... Asked the professor to come over to help me take a look and he mentioned a few lines in my code wasn't right because it was written like React instead of vanilla Javascript.

On top of using Javascript, I also included PaperCSS for the change in the font and to make it look more like a notepad app instead of a browser with editable text.

Lastly, Hotkeys.js was used to create a ctrl+s command that will save the text in the browser every time it is pressed, the default command was overridden/prevented to prevent the browser from attempting to save the current web page.

One technical thing I did learn from this assignment was never to use document.querySelector.write and instead use document.querySelector. I'd like to thank the professor for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contains Duplicate (Leetcode)

I wrote a post  roughly 2/3 years ago regarding data structures and algorithms. I thought I'd follow up with some questions I'd come...